Skip to content ↓

Prince William School

KS5 curriculum

A Level Art and Design Fine Art builds on those skills and concepts covered in the GCSE course but allows students to develop and extend their own particular strengths and artistic styles.

The A Level is assessed by a personal investigation worth 60% of the final grade and a 15 hour externally set assignment worth the remaining 40%.

Studying Art and Design can lead to a variety of Career Opportunities from architect, graphic designer, fashion and textile design, set designer, florist, artist, jewellery design, sculptor and illustrator. Students frequently continue their Art studies at foundation and degree level at many of the Art colleges and Universities in the UK.