Careers, Advice, and Guidance
Careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) at prince William School is incorporated into all year groups to stimulate students’ interests in life and the world of work. We aim to prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences they may encounter in the future so that they have the skills and desire to reach their full potential.
Prince William School is committed to ensuring that our community has up to date information on the current labour market so that our students can make informed decisions about the type of careers they want to aim for. To this end we publish labour market information every quarter. This compares the labour market in the UK, region by region. Please encourage the use of this as a springboard for further research into careers. Please click here to see the latest report.
Careers Lead – Mark Cooper
CEIAG monitored by - Kim Homard-Roy
Link – South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership (SEMLEP)
- CEIAG is signposted through all subject areas.
- Each week, through our Vote Topic, links are made between current issues and careers.
- Through PSHE, students in years 7 and 8 perform an ‘Apprentice’ type task modelling key issues in the work place.
- Through PSHE, students in years 9 and 11 receive guidance on options and pathways for KS4 and KS5.
- Students in Year 10 have the opportunity to attend a Careers Fair in readiness for post 16 options and pathways.
- Through PSHE, students in Year 11 receive guidance on a variety of employability skills. They also receive presentations regarding Apprenticeships, Sixth Form study as well as other pathways.
- Students in Year 12 receive guidance on applying to university and university life as well as presentations regarding apprenticeships and employability skills.
- Those students applying for Oxbridge, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine receive sessions on interview technique as well as mock interviews.
|Careers Lead||Mark Cooperfirstname.lastname@example.org|